Friday Five: Fabulous Furniture Features No. 13 | Redo It Yourself Inspirations : Friday Five: Fabulous Furniture Features No. 13

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Friday Five: Fabulous Furniture Features No. 13





Welcome to




This is where I share my five favorites that I scouted out during the week. 

Ready for some 

oh my's and wow's? 


  
In no particular order because they are each,  just too splendid,  please enjoy these fabulous works. 






Ornate Side Table

by Debra at




Stunning. 

I really LOVE how the badly veneered top became an interesting beauty on this very ornate table. Between the work of the original underwood on the top and those interesting carvings, it screams beautiful texture. Debra did a splendid job turning a sad piece into this amazing state... of which... I want! Such a stunning table. You can see her entire post at A French Touch.






HAND PAINTED & DISTRESSED COUNTRY FRENCH CABINET WITH BIRD & NEST ARTWORK

by Lynda at



Masterpiece.

It's one thing to paint furniture but another to add art to it. Lynda turned this antique hutch and buffet into a French Country masterpiece. The bird and nest on the doors are now proudly the main subject! Lynda does a lot of artwork with her pieces that you can see at Lynda Bergman, Decorative Artisan









2nddoorontheright

Home Decor
on Facebook


(GASP!) Wow! I started to feature the table below, but when I saw this...it became a bonus feature! Beefy, curvy, gorgeous, and just boldly beautiful! I have never seen such drama on a chest of drawers before. The overall shape reminds me of a heart. 

Unbelievable. 

Look at the work on the table top. Added to the gorgeous ornate base, it became a beautiful marriage. When I saw this in my Facebook feed, I chased it down to get the details from 2nd Door On the Right.  That is when I saw so many jaw dropping pieces of work. You may want to check them out and follow on Facebook. You'll be pleasantly surprised at the work posted. 








SHADES OF GRAY, PART 1: THE CAST-OFF CHAIR

by Stacy and Eric at 


Perfection. 

Shades of gray never looked better. I can't believe how perfect the fabric is for this stunning chair. I don't know what I like best the backrest or the legs on the chair! Painted and reupholstered without overlooking any details, Stacy offers great tips of how it's done posted at Anastasia Vintage. The husband and wife team have a lot of beautiful work! 





Salem Red Empire

by Helen at



Timeless. 

I love empires. This one truly stands out. The colors of this work turned out quite nicely. The heavy distressing makes it a rustic, but classic, beauty. Helen describes what she did and how at Picked and Painted.  









grab button for Redo It Yourself Inspirations





I'm truly inspired by these fabulous pieces of furniture.





I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. 

If you pin your favorites, make sure you do so from the creator's post, so they can appreciate you in return.  :) 





15 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring my bird's nest cabinet. I love the other features, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about some exquisite creations, I'm drooling. So much pretty to look at. These bloggers are so good at what they do. Wish I had thimble full of their talents. Sure enjoyed seeing what can be done with old pieces.
    We don't really see pieces like this here, (Grand Junction, CO). If we did prices before redoing would be too high. I'm stumped why prices for so much higher in the West. I remember some of great pieces I found in KY were nowhere near this expensive. Wish the climate had agreed with me there, You found such incredibly fantastic pieces to showcase. I'll be going to their blogs to see how they worked their magic. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie@The Interior FrugalistaJanuary 10, 2015 at 9:18 PM

    Wow, stunning furniture makeovers Robin. That clock table is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacy @ Anastasia VintageJanuary 12, 2015 at 4:35 PM

    Thank you much, dear friend, for featuring our chair :) The other four are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sneaking in a a look at your features instead of pulling out my chairs you gave me some great advice on how to fix. I agree with you on that table top, I also feel the need to pair it with that chair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pool Party in GurgaonJanuary 15, 2015 at 2:36 AM

    Very informative, keep posting such good articles, it really helps to know about things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the things you featured, but the ornate white table is by far my favorite. What an amazing piece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful, Lynda! You're very welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a beauty! I agree with you, the bird and nest is a winner! I'm so glad you like these treasures, Chris! ox

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a shame these types aren't available everywhere. When I see these, I drool over them too and wish I can find more of them locally. I did buy a nice ornate coffee table and matching end table, but they were quite pricey here.
    I'm suffering these winter months in the northeast along with you, Jane. It's been brutal to get any shop work done. In the meantime we can admire others' work.


    Happy 2015 to you as well! Thank you so much for stopping and looking. I'll keep collecting wonderful work each week for us to drool over!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, it's a beauty! I keep looking at the lacy woodwork. The top is just amazing! It's a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so welcome, Stacy! What a darling chair and amazing redo! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all so inspiring, aren't they? When I find them, I ask myself why can't I have them all? lol!
    They do, give us ideas and tips on our own attempts. (sigh) I need more time and energy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is truly stunning! I actually went back to the post several times throughout the week just to look at it before my own post went live.

    ReplyDelete